Propagating White Bougainvillea (Bunga Kertas)

 


Today I decided to propagate some White Bougainvillea from my motherplant
To have more of them for my home nursery.

Propagating from cuttings always my best choice when it comes to this plant.

Just sharing some care tips & tricks from what I have personally experienced and read throughout my gardening journey here...

This plant really does love heat, this means they love the sun and since we are in a tropical climate zone, it is perfect for us. They require at least 6 hours of sun daily - not really a problem for me since I am living in this very Sunny Island of Labuan ;-)

They are also drought-tolerant plants, so watering is not really a fussy case here, but keep in mind, they a living thing, watering is a must in order to live.

Remember!
Not enough sun = not enough color
so make sure they get enough sun if you wish to have vibrant color on your bougainvillea flowers :-)


On another note, you may need support or a trellis for your bougainvillea especially when they grow bigger. You may also apply this technique to beautify and be creative with them.

Like many other plans, of course, Bougainvillea is bound to have enemies. here some of them that you may want to look out for when you have a garden of bougainvillea;

  • Aphids
  • Bougainvillea looper caterpillar
  • Leafcutter bees
How do I prevent my bougainvillea from these "little garden monsters"?
As many of you know, I am a big fan of our Organic Pesticide (OP) from BajaVin, for the first treatment, I sprayed the entire plants (that being said, what whole plant itself, from the leave, top & bottom and the stems to the pot). Following as a prevention step, do the spraying every 2 weeks once or on monthly basis. Simple as that!

Feeding, now this is a kinda subjective topic but since I am sharing my own experience, I will then share my kind of feeding program with Bajavin.

    For newly propagated plant, I use Supermikrob in mixing the planting soil

    After new leaf growth, I will feed them with SG-2 solution on weekly basis and repeat Supermikrob every month.

Once the plant is reaching its "teenage" age, I will switch SG-2 with Fullganic-O (FO), this will increase its capability to grow bushy. About 2 months (depends on your plant condition of course), the plant should be mature by now and ready to bloom, thus, we will move on to Fullganic-Bloom (FB) to encourage the plant to flower.

This program is pretty much like ABC, very easy right?

How do you alternate FO and FB? Once you see the flower buds starting to appear, you may stop feeding FB, let the flower bloom and once the flowering season ended, repeat the feeding order from FO, give it a rest from producing flower and let it get "fattening". Oh, you may also do some pruning during this time (before feeding FO).

To warp up my post, here I share my motherplant picture and a close-up photo of the beautiful white bougainvillea flowers.






Comments

Customers' Feedback

Customers' Feedback

NOTA PENTING / IMPORTANT NOTE

WARRANTY:

Semua pokok yang kami hantar ada warranty

Sila kemukakan gambar sebaik sahaja pokok diterima rosak sebagai bukti, jangan tunggu seminggu atau sebulan atau setahun baru nak bagi gambar. Mana yang lebih masa warranty kira VOID.

Penghantaran akan dilakukan dalam masa seminggu dari tarikh pembayaran. sekiranya tiada stok barang yang diorder kami akan buat full refund.

Service penghantaran dengan poslaju dan courier service keseluruh negara walau bagaiamanapun penghantaran ke Labuan, dan Sarawak adalah atas risiko ditanggung pembeli sekiranya pembelian tanpa permit dari kastam dan jabatan pertanian.

Popular Posts